Some people thought Ahyiana Angel was crazy for wanting to leave her high-profile position as a publicist at the NBA. But Ahyiana was unhappy in her job, which was starting to affect her life. When the Palo Alto, California, native decided that it was time to take responsibility for her own happiness, she knew she had to make moves. And she wisely began to make those moves before she left her 9-to-5.
On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Ahyiana — who is creator and host of the Switch, Pivot or Quit podcast — shares the power of internships at any age, having the courage to jump before you’re ready and knowing when it’s time to revamp your brand and your life.
On this episode, you’ll learn…
- Sometimes it’s not the job, sometimes it’s YOU.
- Get an internship, no matter your age.
- Focus on one goal and don’t let go.
- Start working on your dream BEFORE you leave your job.
- Always start with research.
- Why you have to create space for people to help you.
- Sometimes you have to go for it before you’re ready and learn along the way.
- Know when to let go and pay attention to the signs that it’s time for a change.
- Smart tips on how to switch, to pivot and to quit.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Preseason Love by Ayhiana Angel (Strebor Books, 2014)
DON’T MISS AN EPISODE OF SUPPORT IS SEXY!
READY TO CREATE A BUSINESS & LIFE YOU LOVE?