If you were to ask a five-year-old Amber Aziza what she wanted to be when she grew up, she would have told you two words: In charge. For Amber, this didn’t just mean having money; it was about having control of her own destiny.
As a child of foster care, who survived a tumultuous environment before being adopted, Amber’s forever family cultivated this part of her – with a long list of after-school activities that she wanted to experience (and even some that she didn’t). And this curious and adventurous spirit is still a part of who she is today as CEO of Asquared, her coaching company where she is devoted to helping millennial and millennial-minded entrepreneurs succeed in business and life.
But it was Amber’s first company — which she built into a multi million enterprise at the expense of her health and sold before she was age 30 — that taught her some of her most valuable lessons personally and professionally.
On this episode, Amber talks about openly about lessons she learned about betting on yourself, building a multi million dollar business that’s bigger than you, knowing when it’s time to move on and taking necessary time to heal when life interrupts business.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- How to figure a way to make it work before saying no to opportunity.
- The benefit of taking the opportunity before you’re ready.
- Sometimes you find your genius within the gap between what you know and what you don’t know.
- How to evaluate the risk vss the reward.
- Why you shouldn’t just quit your job.
- How to map out your plan based on what you want to do rather than what another business does.
- How to cultivate your network and reach out with an offer.
- Be ok with starting small.
- Always present what value you’re offering to your clients
- The importance of realizing your zone of genius and delegating the rest.
- The dangers of building a company that centers all around you.
- What the process of selling your company is like.
- How to know when to let it go.
- Top 3 tips for millennial entrepreneurs.
- Why you gotta model what works.
- The importance of taking time to pause.
- Why it’s not healthy to pretend that you’re “fine.”
VISIT ASQUARED at AsquaredCoach.com
FOLLOW ASQUARED at…
Visit AMBER AZIZA AT Amberaziza.com
RESOURCES MENTIONED ON THIS EPISODE:
DON’T MISS AN EPISODE OF SUPPORT IS SEXY!
[Music: “Someone Else’s Memories” by Revolution Void ]