Anita Belle knew just two years into her professional career that events and event planning was her passion — something that she’d love to do — but it was 12 years before she decided to make a jump and open her own events company, AJB Events. While some of the messaging out in the world today is about job shaming and jumping ship as soon as you find your passion to start a business, there’s something to be said for taking your time. Not stalling, taking your time.
On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Anita tells the truth about making the transition from full-time employee to founder, how showing and proving is the way to build your events business, and the power of strategic networking and “light stalking.” 🙂
On this episode you’ll learn…
- The benefits of using college to figure out where your true passion lies.
- Tips for strategic networking.
- How to find the best networking events relative for your field.
- The power of partnerships and collaborations.
- Why it’s important to lead with intention, not expectation.
- Entrepreneurs using an event to tell their brand’s story.
- 3 Things to know before launching your events business.
- The value of mentors and a solid .
- Why you should toot your own horn more often.
- Why you should be straightforward about needing help.
Thank you for listening! And hey, if you love it, click here to leave us a Rating & Review on iTunes!
VISIT AJB EVENTS at anitabelle.com.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Djenaba Johnson-Jones of Hudson Kitchen
[Music: “Someone Else’s Memories” by Revolution Void]