Anne Chertoff is the woman you want to help get you down the aisle. Sort of. Since she was younger, Anne has always loved throwing parties and events, and as she matured and began her career as a magazine editor, she fell into bridal and fell completely in love.
Today, in addition to being a busy mom of two, Anne consults a bevy of brides on the details of their weddings, works with companies, such as Vera Wang, covers bridal for several publications and web sites, appears on television giving bridal tips and is the founder and editor-in-chief of the wedding web site TwirlWeddings.com. Though she isn’t a wedding planner (and doesn’t want to be), Anne talks about the benefits of knowing the ins and outs of the wedding business, finding your niche, doing what you love, getting help and why you should consider her your wedding “best friend.”
On this episode you’ll learn…
- The importance of having a team, especially as a consultant.
- The benefits of finding a niche that allows you to do a little bit of everything.
- The joys of doing what you love.
- How the weddings business works.
- Why national weddings magazines are closing and local markets are thriving.
- The truth about weddings reviews (and what you need to know).
- Some of her favorite weddings resources.
- What she wishes she knew before her own wedding.
- Her top favorite (and least favorite) bridal trends.
- And why she’s not trying to be supermom.
Thank you for listening! And hey, if you love it, click here to leave us a Rating & Review on iTunes!
VISIT TWIRL WEDDINGS at…
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Scratch DJ company at scratchweddings.com
Ron Ben Israel wedding cakes at weddingcakes.com
Sylvia Weinstock wedding cakes at sylviaweinstock.com
Maggie Austin wedding cakes at maggieaustincake.com
Betty Bakery at bettybakery.com
One Girl Cookies at onegirlcookies.com
[Music: “Someone Else’s Memories” by Revolution Void]