In this episode of Support is Sexy, mental performance coach Ayanna Sealey speaks about how to step into your “zone of genius” when it comes to performance at all levels of your life. Ayanna addresses how to deal with performance anxiety, uncertainty, and unprocessed trauma that might be holding us back, with techniques rooted in daily practice and building confidence in our comfort zones. Learn how to build your mental toughness in this episode of Support is Sexy.
Elayne Fluker is the author of the new book, “Get Over ‘I Got It’: How to Stop Playing Superwoman, Get Support and Remember that Having It All Doesn’t Mean Doing It All Alone.” As host of the SUPPORT IS SEXY podcast, she interviews more than 500 successful women entrepreneurs around the world, who share inspiring, true stories of the ups and the downs of their entrepreneurial journeys. Elayne is also the founder of SiS.Academy, an online learning platform for women entrepreneurs. For more information about Elayne Fluker, please visit elaynefluker.com. Thank you for listening!
About our Guest:
Ayanna Sealey, a former Broadway performer, is a mental performance coach and Founder of Magic Makers, where she helps artists, high-level executives, and athletes realize their potential and achieve peak performance. Through her acclaimed neuro-emotional technique, Ayanna helps clients identify and release subconscious blocks within minutes. Check out her 12-week program: Dream to Real.
Insight from this episode:
- How performance anxiety can affect us and tips to handle it with less stress.
- Ayanna’s personal pre-performance routine from her years on Broadway.
- Strategies for having self-compassion and grace and assessing why you might be in a funk.
- Methods for positively moving forward from anxiety and self-doubt and stepping into the “zone of genius.”
- Benefits of working with a mental performance coach.
Quotes from the show:
- “Are you focusing on all the things that can go wrong? Or are you pouring your energy into what can go right? …Things are going to go wrong, but it’s up to us to choose what we can have control over, what we focus on.” –Ayanna Sealey Support is Sexy Ep. #765
- “You’ve got to pay attention to: I want to do something, but it’s not happening. I want to do something, but I’m not able to actualize it. Why is that?” –Ayanna Sealey Support is Sexy Ep. #765
- “Not moving through [the hurt] in the long run will hurt more… When we block the pain, we’re also blocking the joy.” –Ayanna Sealey Support is Sexy Ep. #765
- “It’s not as if you’ll disappear off the face of the earth if you take care of yourself. If you pause to reset, if you pause to really hone into your self-care, if you just take a moment, it doesn’t mean that everything comes to a screeching halt.” –Ayanna Sealey Support is Sexy Ep. #765
- “High performing individuals are constantly aiming to improve and step into the most phenomenal versions of themselves… That means you’ve got to prepare to step into that zone of genius, where all your gifts are in use.” –Ayanna Sealey Support is Sexy Ep. #765
Facebook: Elayne Fluker
LinkedIn: Elayne Fluker
Youtube: Elayne Fluker
Facebook: Ayanna Sealey
LinkedIn: Ayanna Sealey
Support is Sexy
Website: Support is Sexy Podcast
Facebook: Support is Sexy
Youtube: Support is Sexy Podcast Playlist
Post-production for this episode was provided by Podcast Laundry.
[Music: “Stomp and Clap” by Scott Holmes from Free Music Archive]