Beverly Stewart has wanted to be a teacher since she was five years old, and she thought she’d be one forever once she started her career in education. But after six years in the classroom, she knew she needed a change — she wanted a way to impact each student individually. So Beverly made the brave decision to leave her full-time teaching career in 1985, and started tutoring children one-on-one. With that, her business Back to Basics Learning Dynamics was born, providing a variety of one-on-one educational services to students of all ages. Since then, the company — and Beverly — have won a long list of awards and recognitions in the Philadelphia area and continue to expand; but for Beverly, her personal growth during this journey has been the greatest expansion in her life.
On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Beverly talks about how she bootstrapped to build and grow her business from her one-bedroom apartment to a multimillion dollar company, the power of being vulnerable and comfortable with uncertainty, and how learning to be less rigid has changed her life and her business.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- How to teach yourself to be uncomfortable and uncertain in order to grow.
- Be bold enough to ask people for advice.
- The value of pounding the pavement when you first launch your business.
- How having a coach can completely change your business and your life.
- How to be an open-hearted leader.
- The power of delegating.
- Her top 3 tips for turning your passion into profit.
- Strategies to grow your business.
- The importance of feedback from your customers.
- How to move beyond the personal blocks in your life that also affect your business.
- How to learn to delegate and let go.
- Why she can’t stand the word “luck.”
- How she created her fairytale life.
VISIT BACK TO BASICS at…
FOLLOW BACK TO BASICS at…
Thank you for listening! And hey, if you love it, please click here to leave us a Rating & Review on iTunes!
[Music: “Someone Else’s Memories” by Revolution Void]