For years, Charlie Shabazz was a Philly girl through and through, growing up in the city and attending Temple University. 12 years ago after a job offer prompted her to move to Atlanta, and it changed her life; but not in the way she thought. The former CPA had worked her way up to a VP position within a corporation and was pretty comfortable in her job — until she decided to stir things up and open her own Nothing Bundt Cakes franchise. After a super successful month in business, Charlie knew that things would never be the same, and she likes it that way — challenges and all.
On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Charlie talks about her unexpected path to becoming a franchisee, her advice for entrepreneurs starting this journey, how to have the courage to make a leap, and how to be real with yourself about what it’s going to take to make your business work.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- It’s not about not making mistakes it’s about not making the same mistakes twice.
- What it takes to open your own franchise.
- How to know when it’s time for you to jump.
- Questions you need to ask yourself BEFORE you jump.
- Top three tips for new franchisees.
- Her most successful marketing strategies.
- How to authentically connect with your community when you own a brick and mortar shop.
- Why you can’t underestimate the power of in-person interactions.
VISIT NOTHING BUNDT CAKES AT NothingBundtCakes.com
VISIT CHARLIE SHABAZZ’S NOTHING BUNDT CAKES STORE AT…
Nothing Bundt Cakes
4280 LaVista Road, Tucker, GA
FOLLOW NOTHING BUNDT CAKES AT…
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Jump: Take the Leap of Faith to Achieve Your Life of Abundance by Steve Harvey (Amistad, 2017)
DON’T MISS AN EPISODE OF SUPPORT IS SEXY!
READY TO CREATE A BUSINESS & LIFE YOU LOVE?
[Music: “Easy” by SPCZ, 2016]