When Juliet Hall decided that she was tired of people telling her what to do, that was it — she knew it was time to become an entrepreneur. But the South Carolina native didn’t just jump up and quit her job, she planned her transition thoughtfully (for two years!), and suggests other career women do the same to prepare themselves for the moment when they do finally take the leap.
On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Juliet — who is a career coach and self empowerment teacher — opens up about how her strict upbringing shaped her tenacity, why, as women, we have to own our opportunities and how you can stand out by failing to fit in. Also, Juliet shares a very powerful lesson in forgiveness and the surprising ways it can release us when we least expect it.
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- The power of visualization and intention.
- The 3ps: principle, people and products.
- 3 smart ways to own your opportunities.
- Blind spots that cause us to miss out on opportunities.
- How to recognize when you outgrow a situation.
- Why you must align your work with your gifts.
- Her tips on how to plan for your transition.
- Advice for how to create speaking opportunities.
- Why you should fail at fitting in.
- Be independent of the expectations of others.
- Beware of well-intentioned advice from non-entrepreneurs.
- And how to channel pain into promise.
VISIT JULIET HALL AT juliethall.com
FOLLOW JULIET HALL AT…
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
DON’T MISS AN EPISODE OF SUPPORT IS SEXY!
JOIN SUPPORT IS SEXY!
[Music: “Easy” by SPCZ]