Kwayera Archer’s love affair with entrepreneurship began when she witnessed her mother, a hematologist, using her free time to host fashion shows featuring celebrity designers and performers to raise money for children with sickle cell anemia. After years of traveling the world as a professional ballet dancer when she was younger, Kwayera — who inherited her mother’s entrepreneurial spirit and her passion for social justice — went on to create the Ifetayo Cultural Arts Academy, an award-winning organization dedicated to empowering children through dance, arts and culture, and where she served as CEO for more than two decades. The Brooklyn-based organization, which has impacted thousands of children, will celebrate its 30th anniversary next year, and — before her retirement after 25 years — Kwayera received numerous awards, including one from former First Lady Michelle Obama at the White House.
But the journey to the proverbial top did not always come easily. And it wasn’t until much later that Kwayera realized that balance was indeed possible. On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Kwayera — now an international speaker, who empowers successful women to embrace balance in their lives — talks about the importance of planting the seed for your idea with the right crowd, building your tribe, getting support for your vision and why the road to success does not have to be paved with stress.
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- Take notes for your vision before you even have it solidified.
- The importance of planting the seed and building your tribe.
- How to map out your 10-year vision.
- The value of collaboration (rather than doing it all on your own).
- The importance of learning as you go and surrounding yourself with people who push you to be your best.
- 3 things to know before you launch your non-profit.
- How to create a simple plan for your business — even if it’s not a formal business plan.
- Why, when it comes to your self-care, we have to learn to prioritize in order to find balance.
- The road to success doesn’t have to be paved with stress.
VISIT KWAYERA ARCHER AT Kwayera.com
CONNECT WITH KWAYERA ARCHER AT
RESOURCES MENTIONED ON THIS EPISODE:
Learn how use podcast “guesting” to grow your business and be a guest that gets booked again and again!
DON’T MISS AN EPISODE OF SUPPORT IS SEXY!
GIRL ON PODCAST – A podcast booking service for women — to connecting brilliant women who podcast with inspiring women who guest! Are you interested in sharing your message via podcast as a guest? Are you a host looking for incredible guests? Visit GirlOnPodcast.com now to find out more!
MeetEdgar* – A social media management tool that helps you easily recycle and re-promote your evergreen content and increase engagement! Use the promo code SEXY for one month free + $30 off your second month!
*Affiliate links: I get a fee from our partners at no cost to you, if you purchase or use these recommended products or services. But remember: I ONLY recommend products and services I use and love!
[Music: “Time Flux” by Revolution Void]