Author, investor and serial entrepreneur Lauren Maillian has always been about deciding what matters and doing her best to make it work. Whether it was deciding that she wanted autonomy over her own money at age 11 so she set up a lemonade stand, deciding to buy 100+ acres of land in Virginia at age 19 and eventually turning it into an award-winning winery, or deciding now to travel the world and speak at conferences, corporations and events, empowering other young women and sharing her experiences as someone who built three successful businesses by age 30.
On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Lauren, co-star of the Oxygen docuseries Quit Your Day Job, talks about how she’s handling business, staying ready, taking care of herself, and –what matters to her most — being a single supermom to her beautiful children.
On this episode you’ll learn…
- How to pivot when someone else beats you to the market.
- Common mistakes women entrepreneurs make when pitching investors.
- How to stay ready.
- The importance of deciding what matters.
- The best ways to effectively manage your time.
- How to go where you have the most leverage — in business and in your personal life.
- The value of being consistent.
- Why you should only compete with yourself.
Thank you for listening! And hey, if you love it, click here to leave us a Rating & Review on iTunes!
VISIT LAUREN at… laurenmaillian.com
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
The Path Redefined: Getting to the Top on Your Own Terms
Fashion Institute of Technology
Gen Y Capital Investors
[Music: “Someone Else’s Memories” by Revolution Void]