In this episode of Support is Sexy, Olivia Ansell speaks about her evolution into a serial entrepreneur and the mindset it took to get there. Along with practical tips about the importance of multiple sources of income and reducing risk, Olivia’s story will inspire the survivor spirit of resilience within you! Listen to hear how Olivia came back from rock bottom and created her current life of success in this episode of Support is Sexy.
Elayne Fluker is the author of the new book, “Get Over ‘I Got It’: How to Stop Playing Superwoman, Get Support and Remember that Having It All Doesn’t Mean Doing It All Alone.” As host of the SUPPORT IS SEXY podcast, she interviews more than 500 successful women entrepreneurs around the world, who share inspiring, true stories of the ups and the downs of their entrepreneurial journeys. Elayne is also the founder of SiS.Academy, an online learning platform for women entrepreneurs. For more information about Elayne Fluker, please visit elaynefluker.com. Thank you for listening!
About our Guest:
Olivia Ansell is a successful serial entrepreneur and Founder of AMA Support Services, a multi-million dollar healthcare-based company. Olivia grew up in Uganda, where she started selling popcorn at the age of 10, and lived in London and Cairo before coming to the United States when she was only 22. Olivia is passionate about helping women entrepreneurs achieve their goals as well as supporting other Africans adapt to a new country.
Insight from this episode:
- Details on Olivia’s life growing up in Uganda and the hardships she faced after her father died.
- A look into the mind of a true serial entrepreneur and how she makes opportunities for herself.
- The benefits of hitting rock bottom and how to make your comeback.
- Tips to building a mindset of resilience and manifesting all your business and life goals.
Quotes from the show:
- “The few jobs I’ve had, I’ve always used them to get me to where I was self-employed.” –Olivia Ansell Support is Sexy Ep. #755
- “Life can change in the blink of an eye. So I’ve always– even to this day– looked to make sure I have different sources of income because I know any of it can end any day. You always need a plan from A all the way to Z.” –Olivia Ansell Support is Sexy Ep. #755
- “If you’re an entrepreneur and you’re just starting out, you need to follow the money first, and then you can, after, start something that you’re passionate about.” –Olivia Ansell Support is Sexy Ep. #755
- “We tend to create businesses that do fulfill us in some kind of way, whether it’s a personal mission or a mission of something we want to accomplish in the world, or it’s through the people we serve… and also the people you employ. It can look a lot of different ways to fulfill whatever your own mission is and how you want to create your business.” –Elayne Fluker Support is Sexy Ep. #755
- “I am where I am because of all the different rock bottom moments I’ve gone through.” –Olivia Ansell Support is Sexy Ep. #755
- “All I need is me to make whatever I want happen.” –Olivia Ansell Support is Sexy Ep. #755
Facebook: Elayne Fluker
LinkedIn: Elayne Fluker
Youtube: Elayne Fluker
Youtube: Olivia Ansell
Support is Sexy
Website: Support is Sexy Podcast
Facebook: Support is Sexy
Youtube: Support is Sexy Podcast Playlist
Post-production for this episode was provided by Podcast Laundry.
[Music: “Stomp and Clap” by Scott Holmes from Free Music Archive]