How Styled Stock Society Founder Elle Drouin is Changing the Images of Women Entrepreneurs
Elle Drouin grew up in Memphis, Tennessee, the daughter of immigrant parents from the Philippines, who emphasized the importance of getting a good education and having a secure job. Elle followed suit and says she went the “safe” route after graduating from George Washington University and climbed the corporate ladder in pursuit of that “corner office” while working in finance. When the market crashed, everything changed.
On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Elle — now based in New York and founder of the Styled Stock Society — talks about going through the process of going a different route than expected, experimenting until she found “her thing,” being brave enough to ask her community what they really wanted from her, and how she eventually developed a standout business that offers women entrepreneurs gorgeous images that they can use to build their brands.
On this episode, we discuss:
- Why you have to be willing to experiment to find “your thing.”
- How to figure out what makes you happy in your business.
- The importance of creating recurring revenue for your business.
- How to assess what people really want from you and survey them.
- Start before your ready.
- Think about your churn rate.
- Focus on what you know and who you know.
- 3 common mistakes women entrepreneurs make when it comes to images for their brands.
- How your mindset affects your business.
VISIT THE STYLED STOCK SOCIETY AT styledstocksociety.com.
VISIT ELLE DROUIN AT elledrouin.com.
FOLLOW ELLE DROUIN AT…
Use this guide to learn how to use podcast “guesting” to grow your business and be a guest that gets booked again and again!
DON’T MISS AN EPISODE OF SUPPORT IS SEXY!
[Music: “Time Flux” by Revolution Void]