Sabena Suri grew up in Silicon Valley surrounded by technology companies, but she never thought she’d work in the tech space. Instead, she was drawn to writing. Her path in college at USC led her to study journalism, then PR, then working in advertising, and ultimately she found her sweet spot in marketing. In 2015, all of her experiences aligned when she and her co-founders came up with the idea of combining new technology with one of the oldest gestures in the book: gift giving. The result, their luxury gifting service, BoxFox, where Sabena is also Chief Strategy Officer.
On this episode of the Support of the Sexy podcast, Sabena talks about taking risks, transitioning into entrepreneurship and the importance of getting clear on your marketing and messaging. Plus, why bootstrapping made the most sense for her business and how listening to their customer helped BoxFox grow exponentially.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The transition to entrepreneurship looks different for everyone.
- Tapping into the pain points and creating a solution.
- Strategies for marketing and messaging your brand on social media.
- How to avoid brand confusion.
- Pay attention to what people are asking you for in your business.
- How to wisely work with co-founders.
- The benefits of bootstrapping.
VISIT BOX FOX AT shopboxfox.com.
CONNECT WITH BOX FOX…
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
CLICK HERE to join the Support is Sexy mastermind and connect with diverse women entrepreneurs around the world!
DON’T MISS AN EPISODE OF SUPPORT IS SEXY!
[Music: “Time Flux” by Revolution Void]