Sahar Simmons knew for a while, even while she continued to rise in her career as a sports marketer, that she wanted to do her own thing. But it took some time for the Brooklyn, New York, native to take the leap and dare to get out of her comfort zone. It meant getting her mind right first, and then deciding to take the risk and go for it, knowing that it may not be easy.
On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Sahar — who is author of the children’s book series, Brianna’s Neighborhood and creator of the Mobile Movie Makers Youth Film Competition for teens in Atlanta — talks about knowing when to move on, the power of intention, how adversity makes you stronger, and how to say YES to the right opportunities even when you’re terrified.
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to know when the dream is no longer your dream.
- The importance of having friends, who will support you through those uncertain times.
- How the hardest times help you understand just how strong you are.
- Saying YES to the right opportunity, even when you’re terrified inside.
- How vital your strategy is for making your project successful.
Learn more about Sahar Simmons’s children’s book series, Briana’s Neighborhood at brianasneighborhood.com
FOLLOW BRIANA’S NEIGHBORHOOD AT…
FIND OUT MORE ABOU THE MOBILE MOVIE MAKERS YOUTH COMPETITION at Mobilemoviemakersyouth.com
EMAIL MOBILE MOIVE MAKERS at Mobilemoviemakersyouth@gmail.
FOLLOW MOBILE MOVIE MAKERS AT
RESOURCES MENTIONED ON THIS EPISODE:
DON’T MISS AN EPISODE OF SUPPORT IS SEXY!
NEED SUPPORT FOR YOURSELF OR YOUR BUSINESS?