Terra Winston realized very early on the importance of a great education thanks to the emphasis of her parents, who grew up in the segregated south, and who modeled persistence and tenacity for her. The New Jersey native followed suit and says she was became the good girl who always got good grades and did everything right.
But while pursuing her MBA at Stanford University, Terra struggled to determine what the smart thing was for her to do when surrounded by classmates who were launching major tech businesses in Silicon Valley. Her passion told her that there was something different for her, but her mind told her that if she didn’t go for it at that time, she may miss out.
On this episode, Terra — who is Founder and “Ringleader” of the leadership consulting firm inTerractions, which she has run for nine years now — talks about how to get over F.O.M.O (fear of missing out), how to adjust your risk profile and how to avoid getting stuck in perfecting rather than profiting when it comes to building your business.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- The importance of not being discouraged by pace.
- How to get over the fear of missing out in entrepreneurship
- How to change your risk profile.
- How to recognize when your job isn’t the problem and what the “new job pattern” looks like.
- How just trying can be truly be empowering.
- Why you MUST have a side hustle.
- Why Terra‘s coach advised her NOT to create a business plan
- How to not get stuck perfecting rather than profiting.
- Surround yourself with people who are where you want to be.
VISIT TERRA WINSTON AT interractions.com
FOLLOW TERRA WINSTON AT
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
What Color is Your Parachute: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers by Richard Bolles (Ten Speed Press, 2016)
DON’T MISS AN EPISODE OF SUPPORT IS SEXY!
JOIN SUPPORT IS SEXY!
[Music: “Easy” by SPCZ]