A field trip to Washington, DC, when she was in the 8th grade change everything for Win Kelly Charles. When the Aspen, Colorado native saw the broadcast studios at NPR, she knew that she wanted to be a journalist.
Today, Win — who is host of Butterflies of Wisdom podcast — uses her voice as an advocate for people with cerebral palsy and raises awareness about their capabilities. On this episode Win, who is a tri-athlete and who loves snowboarding, shares the ways people underestimate individuals with CP, how she learned to thrive despite her disability and why she feels it’s important for people with disabilities to share their stories.
Thank you for listening! And hey, if you love it, please click here to leave us a Rating & Review!
On this episode you’ll learn:
- What people misunderstand about people with cerebral palsy.
- Ways to turn grief into action.
- The importance of having an advocate.
- Why it’s crucial for people with disabilities to share their stories.
- Why it’s important for content creators to listen to their audience’s wants and needs.
FOLLOW WIN CHARLES AT…
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
SUPPORT WIN’s JOURNEY BACK TO COLLEGE BY PURCHASING HER BOOK!
JOIN SUPPORT IS SEXY!
[Music: “Easy” by SPCZ]