From very early on in her childhood, Abiola Abrams learned the importance of finding her own voice, being herself and creating her own path. As the daughter of immigrant parents who came to the United States from Guyana, Abiola and her family were often bullied and mistreated by some of the other families in their New York neighborhood for being “different.” Rather than being crushed by this cruelty, Abiola says this part of her journey taught her how to be resilient. And that resilience — and her spirituality — continues to carry her forward today as an entrepreneur.
Now, as a proud “multi-hyphenate,” Abiola is an author, coach, speaker, media maven and creator of the Sacred Bombshell brand, and she teaches other women how to find their authentic voice and create a business that allows them to follow their own path as spiritpreneurs. In this episode, Abiola shares her journey to accepting herself as a spiritpreneur (and what that means), reveals a few defining — and sometimes embarrassing — moments from her career and business, and gives insight on why healers sometimes stumble when it comes to compensation.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- What a spiritpreneur is, and why you should be compensated appropriately for being one.
- How to get clear about what you offer, whom you serve and how you add value to people’s lives.
- The importance of listening to your audience and asking them what they need.
- Why an audience that is not targeted is an irrelevant audience.
- How to sell people what they want and give them what they need.
- Why owning your own list is crucial to your business.
- How to avoid being a “wounded healer.”
- How to get over people pleasing at a micro and macro level.
- Ways to start over again after a public failure.
- How to avoid the sunk-cost fallacy.
- The business mistake she made that she has never shared before.
- Why you work become richer because of the challenges.
- Why you can’t bitch about it you have to be about it.
Thank you for listening! And hey, if you love it, click here to leave us a Rating & Review on iTunes!
VISIT ABIOLA at sacredbombshell.com
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Own Your Greatness Self-Worth Kit
Unblock My Energy course
The Sacred Bombshell Handbook of Self Love: The 11 Secrets of Feminine Power by Abiola Abrams (Love University Press, June 2014)
Dare by Abiola Abrams (Pocket Books, 2007)
Salt n Pepa
[Music: “Someone Else’s Memories” by Revolution Void]