Why Linda Smith, “The Meanest Woman Alive,” Wants You to Stand in Your Power And Embrace Your Feminine Side
Known and admired as “the meanest woman alive” for the fierce way she defends her clients and how she argues (and wins!) $30 billion cases for some of the world’s biggest corporations, Linda Smith — author of the upcoming book, Lessons in Success from the Meanest Woman Alive, and Senior Litigation Partner at DLA Piper — knows the importance of having the self-confidence of a man and embracing the feminine power of a woman. During her 4o-year-career, Linda has smashed glass ceilings by successfully putting both to use, and now, as a longtime mentor to young women, she is encouraging women to do the same by sharing her own experiences.
On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Linda tells why woman should use their femininity to their advantage, why women need to take action BEFORE we’re ready (like men do all the time!) and the infuriating moment that made her realize that never again did she want to feel disempowered.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- Why women should use their sex to an advantage.
- How to be tough and nurturing.
- The key to tapping into your emotional intelligence.
- Why she believes a little bit of flirtation goes a long way.
- The external and internal barriers to success.
- How to succeed in a misogynistic world.
- How to use underestimation to your advantage.
- Ways women self-sabotage themselves.
- Why she believes in faking it until you make it.
- The best way to build self-confidence.
- The myth that competence makes you successful.
- The trouble with perfection.
- 3 lessons in success from the meanest woman alive.
- The important distinction between being mean and being a bitch.
- How to hold your own in a room full of men.
VISIT LINDA SMITH AT themeanestwomanalive.com.
FOLLOW LINDA SMITH AT…
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Michael Dell, Chairman and CEO of Dell Technologies
New York Philharmonic
Christine Lagarde, Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund
Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany
American Field Service
Prince Waterhouse Coopers
Wendy Wollner, Founder of Balancing Life’s Issues, featured on the Support is Sexy podcast
DLA Piper global law firm
Thank you for listening! And hey, if you love it, please click here to leave us a Rating & Review!
JOIN SUPPORT IS SEXY!
[Music: “Easy” by SPCZ]