For private chef, author and TV personality Bren Herrera, everything happens in the kitchen, and it always has. Since Bren was a child growing up in her Cuban family in Washington, D.C., the kitchen was always the epicenter for family, friends and gatherings–where she remembers all were physically and spiritually nourished. Today, Bren brings this same spirit to her own culinary creations as she continues to build her business around food, travel and lifestyle. An award-winning food blogger since 2008, Bren now has a cookbook of 100+ recipes on the way this fall, and appears regularly doing food segments on the Today show and on Univision.
But, as Bren shares in this episode, business wasn’t always bubbling, and there were times early on when she thought she’d have an entirely different career. Eventually, thanks to an observation from an outsider that she was open to receiving, she found her sweet spot. Hear the lessons Bren learned along the way, and why, as they say, it takes 10 years to become an overnight success.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- Why consistency is key.
- The secret to getting more people to your web site.
- Why you should never delete content from your blog or web site.
- Don’t get married to what you think is best for you.
- If it hasn’t worked out, it just means you have work to do.
- Your pivotal moment may be provoked by someone from the outside.
- The importance of having an exploratory phase.
- Find and serve your niche.
- Why your support circle needs to evolve as you evolve.
- The importance of spiritual showers
Thank you for listening! And hey, if you love it, click here to leave us a Rating & Review on iTunes!
VISIT Bren at BrenHerrera.com
PRE-ORDER Bren’s first cookbook, Modern Pressure Cooking: 105 Incredible Recipes and Time-Saving Techniques to Master Your Pressure Cooker (Page Street Publishing, Release date: November 15, 2016)
[Music: “Someone Else’s Memories” by Revolution Void]