“Everyday do one brave thing.”
For Michelle Burford, a New York Times bestselling ghostwriter and collaborator, the journey from growing up in a tight-knit family in Phoenix, Arizona, to a small magazine publishing company in Colorado Springs, to walking the halls of Essence, to sipping cocktails with Oprah was all a result of something her mother taught her: Be excellent, and never cut corners.
In this epic (and I mean epic) episode, choc full of “aha moments” and powerful insights about life and the publishing industry, Michelle shares the winding course she took to doing the work she now loves and is passionate about—capturing the compelling life stories of celebrities and public figures like Gabrielle Douglas, Michelle Knight and Amy Purdy, and turning them into top-selling books. Listen to this episode to hear how Michelle embodies hustle, heart, grace and not being afraid to let folks see you sweat!
Subscribe to Support is Sexy podcast on iTunes or on Stitcher Radio!
Thank you for listening! And hey, if you love it, click here to leave us a Rating & Review on iTunes!
On this episode you’ll learn:
- Why, everyday, you should push yourself to do one brave thing.
- The importance of doing a good job on what’s right in front of you.
- How to make powerful, authentic connections.
- Why sometimes it’s about knowing what is not working and that what you are doing is not it.
- How your peers can be your best mentors.
- What you should do when you have the wind at your back.
- Learn how to capture your magic.
- Stop playing it cool and let them see you sweat.
- Don’t be afraid to take a second look at things.
- Even when you don’t know the answer, know that the answer is NOT “I don’t know.”
VISIT Michelle at michelleburford.com
FOLLOW Michelle at…
RESOURCES MENTIONED ON THIS EPISODE:
FOLLOW SUPPORT IS SEXY
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | MASTERMIND
[Music: “Someone Else’s Memories” by Revolution Void]