Cheryl Gentry and her event management company, Glow Media NYC — which has been in business for 18 years strong — has planned conferences, events and summits around the world with some of the most prestigious clients. But during a recent event, as her team scrambled to work around glitch-y apps they were using to get things organized, Cheryl had an epiphany: there needed to be one tool that allowed planners to access and sync everything they needed, especially on the day of the event when things are the most hectic. On that day, Cheryl’s new event management product, OnSite Planner, was born – sort of!
Always practical, resourceful and thorough, Cheryl did her research on the market and decided to raise funds for the development of the tool via Kickstarter – and that’s where the fun began…sort of. ☺
Here, Cheryl shares the honest ins and outs of crowdfunding, and the ways she’s scaling her business.
On the episode you’ll learn:
- Top 3 tips for a successful Kickstarter campaign
- What works and what doesn’t when it comes to crowdfunding
- Why launching a new product could be an important extension of your business
- The importance of enrolling people in your vision and your mission
- The difference between PR and event management
Thank you for listening! And hey, if you love it, please leave us a review and share with your friends!
[Music: “Someone Else’s Memories” by Revolution Void]