For Neha Choudhary, her journey to becoming an entrepreneur based in Dubai all led back to one thing: family. After attending college at Northwestern University in Chicago, and then working as an analyst with JP Morgan Chase in Singapore, Neha — who grew up between Bahrain and Dubai — eventually returned to Dubai to be near her family. What she also did was leave her corporate job and finally take the leap to pursue her entrepreneurial dreams. The result: Her new video platform, Making Waves, which features video interviews with entrepreneurs in Dubai and which she hopes will shine a light on the burgeoning startup community in the region — a community that Neha feels is largely ignored by the outside world.
On this episode, Neha talks about the misconceptions about Dubai, misconceptions about women doing business in Dubai, industries that are booming in the region and her mission to let people know that “the Middle East is about more than oil.” She also speaks candidly about the challenges of being a solopreneur, and how new entrepreneurs can get through those tough moments that are bound to come.
On this episode you’ll learn…
- Why perceived risk is more than actual risk.
- How to handle the ups and downs of entrepreneurship.
- The importance of your emotional wellness, and allowing yourself down days.
- How to create a routine for yourself.
- Finding an offering that doesn’t already exist in your market.
- How to decide the best platform for your business.
- The kind of videos that work best for business.
- Realizing that it’s ok to fail.
- The benefits of bringing in a co-founder who has strong points different than yours.
Thank you for listening! And hey, if you love it, click here to leave us a Rating & Review on iTunes!
[Music: “Someone Else’s Memories” by Revolution Void]