From the time she was young girl, growing up in New York City and playing competitive tennis, Samantha Ettus always questioned the way things worked – which she now knows is the core driver for most entrepreneurs.
One of those moments happened when Samantha was at Harvard getting her MBA, and she noticed just how lackluster the CEOs were who came to speak to her and her classmates. She knew there had to be more to them, some sort of spark that they weren’t tapping into. After working few years in Hollywood on shows like Nickelodeon’s Blues Clues post-graduation, Samantha created the first ever talent agency for personalities and CEOS, with a mission of helping people find (and optimize) their spark.
Today, as a bestselling author, speaker, entrepreneur and career expert, she is still committed to helping people discover that spark, especially women, who Samantha says need to learn how to work it — literally — even after having kids and playing a major role in their families. How? By learning how to slice up their pie!
On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Samantha, who is author of the latest book, The Pie Life: A Guilt-Free Recipe for Success and Satisfaction, gives advice on how to live “the pie life,” how to stay connected to the workforce and network like a pro (even on the playground!), and how to manage (rather than balance) work, life, love and so much more.
Thank you for listening! And hey, if you love it, please click here to leave us a Rating & Review on iTunes!
On the episode, you’ll learn:
- How to identify your spark.
- Why it’s important for women to have their own money.
- The importance of fulfillment beyond motherhood.
- The truth about work-life balance and why the term is problematic.
- Samantha’s advice for work-life management.
- How to “slice up your life” into a yummy pie.
- How to create an environment of balance in your business.
- How to create “the magic hour.”
- The beauty of the “golden triangle.”
- When it’s time to put your phone away.
- Why it’s important for stay at home moms to work.
- How much you lose (by the numbers) when you leave the work force.
- Smart tips for moms who want to return to the workforce.
- How to network on the playground like a pro.
- Why mentioning your mom duties in an interview is NOT a good idea.
- The importance of having a clear answer for “what do you do?” in any environment.
- Samantha’s top tips for dating as an entrepreneur.
- And why you need to embrace new friends.
RESOURCES MENTIONED ON THIS EPISODE:
The Pie Life: A Guilt-Free Recipe for Success and Satisfaction (Ghost Mountain Books, 2016)
Karen Cahn, Founder of IFundWomen, featured on the Support is Sexy podcast
JOIN SUPPORT IS SEXY!
[Music: “Easy” by SPCZ]