In this episode of Support is Sexy, Peachy Lyfe CEO Sherwin Clemons shares her substantial knowledge in running a successful business in the service industry. She opens up about the turning point that brought clarity to her journey to fully embracing entrepreneurship, her rich family history and how those values translate to her business, as well as her methods of coping with the difficulties of our current moment. Tune in for Sherwin’s relevant and immediately applicable advice in this episode of Support is Sexy.
Elayne Fluker is author of the new book, “Get Over ‘I Got It’: How to Stop Playing Superwoman, Get Support and Remember that Having It All Doesn’t Mean Doing It All Alone.” As host of the SUPPORT IS SEXY podcast, she interviews more than 500 successful women entrepreneurs around the world, who share inspiring, true stories of the ups and the downs of their entrepreneurial journeys. Elayne is also founder of SiS.Academy, an online learning platform for women entrepreneurs. For more information about Elayne Fluker, please visit elaynefluker.com. Thank you for listening!
About our Guest:
Sherwin Nelson Clemons is CEO of Peachy Clean Laundry and lifestyle brand Peachy Lyfe. A University of Alabama alumna, Sherwin spent 20+ years in corporate as a financial advisor, often serving business owners, before she decided to put herself out there and start a laundromat and laundry delivery service with her husband. Her business’s motto is “Leave the Laundry. Live.”
Insight from this episode:
- Strategies on the right way to leave the comfort of a steady paycheck.
- Strategies on pivoting and maximizing your business, even during the COVID pandemic.
- Insights into educating the market on your service.
- Benefits to being in full control of your product.
- Insider tips on effective business negotiations that include maintaining positive relationships.
Quotes from the show:
- “You are an entrepreneur. You’re figuring out how to make this work under circumstances that you didn’t foresee.” –Sherwin Clemons Support is Sexy Ep. #739
- “Ultimately, it became more painful for me to be there than the fear of leaving.” –Sherwin Clemons Support is Sexy Ep. #739
- “Some people think, I want to be an entrepreneur, I should just jump ship. Or, it should be easy to make this choice, but, no, it’s a lot of things to consider.” –Elayne Fluker Support is Sexy Ep. #739
- “We have people who drive 30-40 minutes, past other laundromats, to come to us.” –Sherwin Clemons Support is Sexy Ep. #739
- On the Proverbs 31 woman: “She did not do everything. She managed it.” –Sherwin Clemons Support is Sexy Ep. #739
- “For customers, it needs to be simple and easy for them to be able to access your business.” –Sherwin Clemons Support is Sexy Ep. #739
- “There’s this tendency to nickel and dime your customers… we decided not to go that route and focus on volume, quality, a good reputation, and good customer service.” –Sherwin Clemons Support is Sexy Ep. #739
- “We don’t have to be men to operate in this game.” –Sherwin Clemons Support is Sexy Ep. #739
Facebook: Elayne Fluker
LinkedIn: Elayne Fluker
Youtube: Elayne Fluker
Sherwin Clemons & Peachy Lyfe
Sherwin’s LinkedIn: Sherwin Clemons
Address: 6548 Highway 92 Acworth, Georgia
Facebook: The Peachy Lyfe
Youtube: Peachy Lyfe
Support is Sexy
Website: Support is Sexy Podcast
Facebook: Support is Sexy
Youtube: Support is Sexy Podcast Playlist
Post-production for this episode was provided by Podcast Laundry.
[Music: “Stomp and Clap” by Scott Holmes from Free Music Archive]