From the time she was seven, Princess Jenkins observed entrepreneurship up close and personal while working in her grandparents’ corner store while the other kids were outside playing. The Bronx native, who now calls Harlem home, knew that one day she’d open her own business, and that it would be in the fashion and beauty industry. Now, more than 30 years later as a multi-passionate entrepreneur, she owns one of the longest-lasting boutiques — The Brownstone — which has been in the community for more than two decades.
On today’s episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Princess — who is also an educator at the Fashion Institute of Technology — talks about the blessing of youth and blissful ignorance when starting out, how to pursue multiple passions (and back them up with training) and how to be sure you’re meeting your customer where she is.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- The benefits of being a multi-passionate entrepreneur.
- The importance of backing up your passion with training.
- How to package your brilliance, so it’s accessible to your clients and customers.
- How to truly know your customers and their needs.
- The way to tune into other potential opportunities or extensions for your brands.
- The core values she things you need in order to build a strong business.
- The distinction between your mission statement and your vision statement.
- The difference between giving up and setting something aside until later.
VISIT THE BROWNSTONE STORE AT…
24 East 125th Street
New York, NY 10027
VISIT THE BROWNSTONE ONLINE AT thebrownstonewoman.com.
FOLLOW THE BROWNSTONE AT…
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
DON’T MISS AN EPISODE OF SUPPORT IS SEXY!
READY TO CREATE A BUSINESS & LIFE YOU LOVE?