For Alex Okoriji, the first glimpse of entrepreneurship came by way of a visit to a fashion accessories store with her mom in Lagos, Nigeria, when she was just 11 years old. Shortly thereafter, her mom started her own store with Alex by her side, working as a vital member of the store’s team for 12 years. As she grew older, Alex also grew anxious to explore her creative side — singing and acting, especially — and struggled with the expectations that she was to either become a doctor, or continue to work in the business with her mom. When a major life-changing event happened to the family, Alex realized that it was time for her to take the leap and pursue her dream.
On this episode of the Support the Sexy, Alex shares her incredible journey from running the family business to becoming a superstar actress to reinventing herself as an award-winning media personality under the scrutiny of the public eye, and she tells what it means to truly express yourself and come into your “naked consciousness.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- If you have a dream, you have to go for it.
- How to move beyond other’s expectations of you, and make a name for yourself.
- You never realize what an impact you’re having on people who witness your work.
- Why actors have to realize that they are entrepreneurs as well.
- Why standing up for yourself can mean having to walk away from opportunities.
- What it means to come into your “naked consciousness.”
- Moving beyond shame and negative self-talk.
- Why reinvention doesn’t have to only happen when you’re in breakdown, we can choose to have constant reinvention.
- How to get over the most debilitating emotion: Fear.
- The tenets of Alex’s Naked Philosophy.
- Why you must be authentic about what you want and be out in front of your brand.
VISIT ALEX OKOROJI AT alexokoroji.me
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE NAKED PHILOSOPHY AT thenakedphilosopy.com
FOLLOW ALEX OKOROJI AT…
CLICK HERE TO GET 50% OFF ALEX OKOROJI’S AUDIO TRAINING “THE B.R.A.G. FACTOR” ON ACHIEVING YOUR GOALS AND CREATING A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS. (USE CODE: SUPPORTISSEXY)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
DON’T MISS AN EPISODE OF SUPPORT IS SEXY!
READY TO CREATE A BUSINESS & LIFE YOU LOVE?