Edgina “Eddie” Desormeau fell in love with entrepreneurship in high school while working at a bed and breakfast called The Lewis House in upstate New York. Though her professional journey didn’t lead her down the road of hospitality, the experience of seeing someone run their own business planted a seed that later blossomed into her own public relations firm, DE 1989.
Today, the Haiti native who came to the United States at age 12 and learned English in a matter of months, has a list of clients from diverse industries, including fashion, food & beverage and entertainment. On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Eddie shares what you need to know about what public relations is and what it is not, how to get clients and grow your PR business and the important list you need to make before you quit your job and become an entrepreneur.
Thank you for listening! And hey, if you love it, please click here to leave us a Rating & Review on iTunes!
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to know when to move on.
- Lessons about the importance of self care.
- The value of taking a step back and deciding what your really want.
- The important list you need to make before you quit your job.
- What is public relations and what is not.
- How to get new clients.
- What indicators to look for to select the right networking events.
- How to get exposure for your business.
- The importance of getting clear on your story for your business.
- Why you have to DECIDE that you’re enough.
VISIT DE 1989 at DE1989.co
FOLLOW DE 1998 on…
RESOURCES MENTIONED ON THIS EPISODE:
Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman’s Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert (Riverhead books, 2007)
Minorities in media
JOIN SUPPORT IS SEXY!
[Music: “Easy” by SPCZ]