In this episode of Support is Sexy, BROWN GIRL Jane Co-Founder and Chief Brand Officer Tai Beauchamp applies life principles to business and gives us invaluable advice about how to form healthy partnerships that help us grow and reach our goals. Business partnerships can be rewarding and humbling, but Tai reminds us that we need to prioritize ourselves and our wellness so that we can fully show up for ourselves and others in this episode of Support is Sexy.
Elayne Fluker is the author of the new book, “Get Over ‘I Got It’: How to Stop Playing Superwoman, Get Support and Remember that Having It All Doesn’t Mean Doing It All Alone.” As host of the SUPPORT IS SEXY podcast, she interviews more than 500 successful women entrepreneurs around the world, who share inspiring, true stories of the ups and the downs of their entrepreneurial journeys. Elayne is also the founder of SiS.Academy, an online learning platform for women entrepreneurs. For more information about Elayne Fluker, please visit elaynefluker.com. Thank you for listening!
About our Guest:
Tai Beauchamp is an internationally recognized media personality, public speaker, style and lifestyle authority, and creative director who inspires women around the world to celebrate their inner and outer beauty. Named one of the 50 most influential people in the multicultural market by WWD, Tai is also Co-Founder of BROWN GIRL Jane, a disruptive luxury, plant-based wellness, and beauty collection centering on the needs of dynamic women of color.
Insight from this episode:
- Essentials you must keep in mind when looking to partner with and work alongside others.
- The benefits of working with business partners and how to know when to move on from a partnership.
- Strategies for thinking creatively when it comes to imagining what’s possible in our lives.
- How to check in with yourself, prioritize your peace of mind, and have some fun.
Quotes from the show:
- “You want to work with people who are helping you to grow… that you can learn from.” –Tai Beauchamp Support is Sexy Ep. #764
- “My practical MBA studies are the people who are in rooms in Zoom with me at this point.” –Tai Beauchamp Support is Sexy Ep. #764
- “When you enter any union, any partnership, any relationship, you have to be very clear about what your intentions are, what are the motivating factors, what are the desired outcomes?” –Tai Beauchamp Support is Sexy Ep. #764
- “It’s important for us to give ourselves the time and the space to think freely without terms and conditions, without pre-established notion and/or previous convictions. Oftentimes, you have to step outside of yourself to do that and you also have to step away from the things that keep you and hold you.” –Tai Beauchamp Support is Sexy Ep. #764
- “Be intentional about those wellness checks daily. That’s not something that is negotiable. That’s not something is to be penciled in when possible. It’s something that needs to be prioritized.” –Tai Beauchamp Support is Sexy Ep. #764
Use code: SISTAS at https://www.browngirljane.com/ for 20% off.
Facebook: Elayne Fluker
LinkedIn: Elayne Fluker
Youtube: Elayne Fluker
LinkedIn: BROWN GIRL Jane
Support is Sexy
Website: Support is Sexy Podcast
Facebook: Support is Sexy
Youtube: Support is Sexy Podcast Playlist
Post-production for this episode was provided by Podcast Laundry.
[Music: “Stomp and Clap” by Scott Holmes from Free Music Archive]