In this episode of Support is Sexy, self-care and healthy relationship coach Fila Antwine reminds us that self-care is sexy! Fila shares all kinds of ways you can support yourself, including raising awareness of negative self-talk and creating healthy boundaries. You can be successful, you can be ambitious, and you can also take care of yourself. Find out how Fila’s expert’s advice in this episode of Support is Sexy.
Elayne Fluker is the author of the new book, “Get Over ‘I Got It’: How to Stop Playing Superwoman, Get Support and Remember that Having It All Doesn’t Mean Doing It All Alone.” As host of the SUPPORT IS SEXY podcast, she interviews more than 500 successful women entrepreneurs around the world, who share inspiring, true stories of the ups and the downs of their entrepreneurial journeys. Elayne is also the founder of SiS.Academy, an online learning platform for women entrepreneurs. For more information about Elayne Fluker, please visit elaynefluker.com. Thank you for listening!
About our Guest:
Fila Antwine is Elayne’s very own cousin and award-winning self-love and healthy relationship coach. Fila has helped over 500 women have healthy relationships and practice radical self-love individually and in groups. She has been honored by members of Congress, featured in major media outlets, including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Post, and HuffPost, and hired by national organizations, colleges, and universities to share her coaching principles with their members, students, and staff.
Insight from this episode:
- Fila’s simple, but sacred, self-care trifecta that can change your life.
- How to not abandon your self-care practices and overcome your fears of “slowing down.”
- The benefits of small, intentional acts of self-care to have a large impact on your overall well-being, relationships, and legacy.
- Strategies to create healthy boundaries that reflect your core values and will improve your relationships.
Quotes from the show:
- “It’s about sacred self-care. It’s about doing those things that impact you internally in a way that you get to reflect the joy, happiness, goodness externally.” –Fila Antwine Support is Sexy Ep. #760
- “The way you speak to yourself internally is the seed that you’re planting every single day about what you get to be in the world and what you get to have in the world.” –Fila Antwine Support is Sexy Ep. #760
- “The simplicity of self-care is what will allow us to make it a lifestyle and a practice.” –Fila Antwine Support is Sexy Ep. #760
- “When you slow down, time slows down with you. When you pour into yourself, life opens up to give you more.” –Fila Antwine Support is Sexy Ep. #760
- “As an individual, you are always creating your life. And it’s simply a matter of recognizing whether you have consciously or unconsciously created the state of your life right now… You can actively and consciously opt into self-care.” –Fila Antwine Support is Sexy Ep. #760
- “When you start saying I’m taking back some of my time, I’m taking back some of my energy, and I’m not going to deplete myself for you anymore, sometimes you will lose relationships. You have to be willing to do that so that you can move on and feel better.” –Fila Antwine Support is Sexy Ep. #760
Facebook: Elayne Fluker
LinkedIn: Elayne Fluker
Youtube: Elayne Fluker
LinkedIn: Fila Antwine
Support is Sexy
Website: Support is Sexy Podcast
Facebook: Support is Sexy
Youtube: Support is Sexy Podcast Playlist
Post-production for this episode was provided by Podcast Laundry.
[Music: “Stomp and Clap” by Scott Holmes from Free Music Archive]