Psychologist Margena Carter has had a long career of supporting individuals through some of the toughest periods of their lives — first as a hospice worker, then throughout several mental health facilities, and now as owner of her own private practice, Carter Care Therapeutic Services in Los Angeles, California — where she oversees a team of therapists.
On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Margena helps us understand both the nuances and the important insights we need to have about mental illness, as well as some of the dangerous misperceptions and stigma that is attached to it and that she says needs to change so that people feel more at ease asking for support. Plus, why Margena says entrepreneurs, especially, need to incorporate play into their days.
On this episode, we discuss:
- What we need to understand about bipolar disorder.
- Insight into the struggles of people with mental illnesses.
- Removing the stigma around medication.
- Why she wants to change the narrative around mental illness.
- We all get depressed.
- Why entrepreneurs need mental health days.
VISIT MARGENA CARTER AT margenacarter.com.
CONNECT WITH MARGENA CARTER…
DON’T MISS AN EPISODE OF SUPPORT IS SEXY!
[Music: “Time Flux” by Revolution Void]