A call from her freshman roommate from college, Jessica Ma, changed the trajectory of Andrea Barrica’s life forever when Jessica asked her to be a co-founder of inDinero, an accounting software company, which eventually raised more than $1 million in venture capital investment. It was one of the most harrowing experiences of Andrea’s life — and her first sign that she was meant to be an entrepreneur.
Today, Andrea — who has coached other entrepreneurs in raising more than $80 million for their businesses — is preparing to launch a business that aligns with who she is as an activist and with her passion for creating sex positive environments and removing shame around sexuality, called O school. In this episode, the Sacramento native talks to us about tapping into empathy as your superpower, removing shame from all areas of your life, learning to be the best advocate for your business and the importance of being your authentic self no matter what.
DON’T MISS AN EPISODE! SUBSCRIBE to Support is Sexy podcast on Apple Podcasts or on Stitcher Radio!
Thank you for listening! And hey, if you love it, please click here to leave us a Rating & Review!
On this episode you’ll learn:
- Becoming and showing up as your true self.
- The power of the right mentor investing in you.
- The value of having a cheerleader on your team.
- How shame limits our forward movement.
- Tapping into empathy as your superpower in business.
- How emotional intelligence impacts your bottom line.
- The three key jobs of a CEO.
- Andrea’s top tips for a great investor pitch and how to learn to read the room.
- How to focus on the highest impact activity.
VISIT O.SCHOOL AT o.school
FOLLOW O.SCHOOL AT…
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
The Ethical Slut: A Practical Guide to Polyamory, Open Relationships and Other Adventures by Janet W. Hardy (Celestial Arts, 2009)
JOIN SUPPORT IS SEXY!
[Music: “Easy” by SPCZ]