Beauty culturalist Phylencia Taylor considers herself a late bloomer into the world of entrepreneurship. After a decade in the beauty industry working in marketing at top brands such as Carol’s Daughter and Wella, she made the shift.
Based on her experience, the upstate New York native decided to create products and tools she felt like she needed when entering the beauty industry — tools that will boost the evolution of success for newcomers. The result is her book, Evolving Beauty and its companion planner. On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Phylencia talks to us about core marketing values, mistakes too many beauty brands made, and the importance of not only being successful, but fulfilled.
Thank you for listening! And hey, if you love it, please click here to leave us a Rating & Review!
On this episode you’ll learn:
- Marketing is still a core part of business in the age of digital.
- One of the biggest mistakes beauty brands make.
- How to know when a product is working and when it isn’t.
- The value of utilizing guerrilla marketing tactics.
- Her beauty breakthrough theorem.
- How to view beauty as a tool of empowerment.
- Her advice for learning to be happy AND successful.
- When it comes to your journey, everybody can’t come.
VISIT PHYLENCIA TAYLOR AT evolvingbeauty.info
FOLLOW PHYLENCIA TAYLOR AT…
EMAIL PHYLENCIA TAYLOR AT email@example.com.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Evolving Beauty: The Business of Beauty in a New Age by Phylencia Taylor (CreateSpace, 2016)
JOIN SUPPORT IS SEXY!
[Music: “Easy” by SPCZ]