In this episode of Support is Sexy, The Honey Pot Company CEO Bea Dixon speaks about how in her success she has stayed authentic and committed to excellence, despite some bumps in the road along the way. If you are an entrepreneur just starting out or trying to get your product into retail, Bea gives invaluable and practical advice that you have to hear! Get a glimpse of Bea Dixon’s “unlimited thinking” in this episode of Support is Sexy.
Elayne Fluker is the author of the new book, “Get Over ‘I Got It’: How to Stop Playing Superwoman, Get Support and Remember that Having It All Doesn’t Mean Doing It All Alone.” As host of the SUPPORT IS SEXY podcast, she interviews more than 500 successful women entrepreneurs around the world, who share inspiring, true stories of the ups and the downs of their entrepreneurial journeys. Elayne is also the founder of SiS.Academy, an online learning platform for women entrepreneurs. For more information about Elayne Fluker, please visit elaynefluker.com. Thank you for listening!
About our Guest:
Bea Dixon is the Co-Founder and CEO of The Honey Pot Company, a plant-based feminine care product line that she launched in 2014. The Honey Pot Company’s products are sold at Target, Walmart, Whole Foods, and more. Bea is in Entrepreneur’s 2019 top 100 groundbreaking women entrepreneurs.
Insight from this episode:
- How to take the good and the bad that life has to offer you and learn from all of it.
- Strategies for handling criticism, backlash, and the negative opinions of others.
- Bea’s take on what it means to be a Black business owner and how to set the bar of excellence high.
- Insight into how to set your ultimate vision and achieve your goals along the way.
- Super practical tips for any entrepreneur trying to get a product off the ground.
Quotes from the show:
- “When you can solve for your own problems, that’s a beautiful space to be in.” –Bea Dixon Support is Sexy Ep. #758
- “Everything can’t always be good, and everything can’t always be bad… it’s just a matter of how you react to each energy.” –Bea Dixon Support is Sexy Ep. #758
- “If you know yourself, anybody can say anything about you.” –Bea Dixon Support is Sexy Ep. #758
- “Decide what matters, and decide what doesn’t. And that’s it.” –Elayne Fluker Support is Sexy Ep. #758
- “I would like Honey Pot to be one of those brands that somebody can point to [when seeking investors] and say, look, this is what this company was able to do…” –Bea Dixon Support is Sexy Ep. #758
- “It is hard to do all of this shit, no matter what color you are. Honestly.” –Bea Dixon Support is Sexy Ep. #758
- “When it comes to branding and packaging and what you call things, keep it simple. Simple font, simple color–white, black, grey– keep it super super ultra simple.” –Bea Dixon Support is Sexy Ep. #758
- “Don’t do things that you don’t do well.” –Bea Dixon Support is Sexy Ep. #758
Facebook: Elayne Fluker
LinkedIn: Elayne Fluker
Youtube: Elayne Fluker
LinkedIn: Beatrice Dixon
Support is Sexy
Website: Support is Sexy Podcast
Facebook: Support is Sexy
Youtube: Support is Sexy Podcast Playlist
Post-production for this episode was provided by Podcast Laundry.
[Music: “Stomp and Clap” by Scott Holmes from Free Music Archive]