Entrepreneur Melissa Mitchner is a native New Yorker, who grew up in public housing in the South Bronx. Raised by her grandmother, who instilled a strong work ethic and sense of responsibility in her, Melissa got her first and only job, when she was 18 years old working at Best Buy. After rising through the ranks with Best Buy for eight years, a company reorg pushed her out and left her wondering what to do next. But then, an episode of a reality TV show — and a moment of taking massive inspired action — changed everything. The result? Her top-rated, premier pet care facility, The Bark Shoppe, located in Harlem.
On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Melissa — who has now been Founder and CEO of The Bark Shoppe for five years and running — shares just what it means to take bold, inspired action (even when everyone else thinks your crazy), how to enroll others in your vision, her smart advice for what you need to know before opening your brick and mortar shop, and how to make your clients become your greatest advocates.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- The importance of taking inspired action.
- How to enroll others in your vision.
- Determine a way that your business will better your community.
- Why you need to have six to eight months of expenses covered, when opening your brick and mortar business.
- How to get through those low moments in entrepreneurship.
- How to know when it’s time to rebrand.
- The importance of having the right people on your bus (and your team).
- How to make your clients become your biggest advocates.
VISIT THE BARK SHOPPE ONLINE AT THEBARKSHOPPE.COM
STOP BY THE BARK SHOPPE AT
100 St. Nicholas Ave
New York, NY 10026
FOLLOW THE BARK SHOPPE AT…
FOLLOW MELISSA MITCHNER AT…
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
DON’T MISS AN EPISODE OF SUPPORT IS SEXY!
Click here to join the Support is Sexy mastermind and connect with women entrepreneurs around the world!