In this episode of Support is Sexy, intenSati Founder Patricia Moreno, who is featured in Elayne’s new book “Get Over ‘I Got It’” (HarperCollins Leadership), discusses how to “live the question” and hunger for the answer. The more you immerse yourself in living the question, the easier it is to take action when the answer comes. Learn how to be a spiritual badass on Support is Sexy.
Elayne Fluker is the author of the new book, “Get Over ‘I Got It’: How to Stop Playing Superwoman, Get Support and Remember that Having It All Doesn’t Mean Doing It All Alone.” As host of the SUPPORT IS SEXY podcast, she interviews more than 500 successful women entrepreneurs around the world, who share inspiring, true stories of the ups and the downs of their entrepreneurial journeys. Elayne is also the founder of SiS.Academy, an online learning platform for women entrepreneurs. For more information about Elayne Fluker, please visit elaynefluker.com. Thank you for listening!
About our Guest:
Patricia Moreno is a pioneer of spiritual fitness and Creator of intenSati, a signature movement method pairing mindfulness with physicality. She created a digital community to inspire the lifestyle habits of inner strength, radiant health, and embodied positivity. Patricia is an international speaker, inspiring people worldwide.
Insight from this episode:
- Strategies to think from the person we want to be, not about the person we want to be.
- The power of pairing movement with thoughts and affirmations.
- How to live the question– and how to make sure you’re living the right question!
- How to harness willpower to build habits that will change your life and live in line with your values.
Quotes from the show:
- “If my identity is: I am fat, there is just no way, how can I be thin? How can I be fit? If I am fat, and I lose 20 pounds, 30 pounds, I am, for a moment, thin. I’m a thin fat person… I still identify myself as fat.” –Patricia Moreno Support is Sexy Ep. #778
- “Sometimes the affirmation is not even strong enough yet to get you to actually feel the courage or confidence or the emotion, but it’s enough to put a gate up so that you’re no longer saying what you used to say.” –Patricia Moreno Support is Sexy Ep. #778
- “Decide. Decide what you want more of. Decide what’s important to you. What do you want more of today? Is it energy? Is it compassion? Is it to be kind? What is it? Pull it in and activate it in yourself.” –Patricia Moreno Support is Sexy Ep. #778
- “You can’t get the idea until you’ve set the intention or you’ve asked the question.” –Patricia Moreno Support is Sexy Ep. #778
- “Sometimes we get the inspired moment, but we don’t take the inspired action.” –Elayne Fluker Support is Sexy Ep. #778
- On willpower: “I’m not going to force myself. I’m going to allow myself. I’m going to become this person. I accept that I am willing to change… Yes, I have to put effort. Yes, I have to be conscious because I like to grab those things. But it’s an internal willingness to change versus a short-term holding my breath and forcing myself.” –Patricia Moreno Support is Sexy Ep. #778
- “It’s been invigorating even just becoming someone who can ask [for help].” –Patricia Moreno Support is Sexy Ep. #778
Facebook: Elayne Fluker
LinkedIn: Elayne Fluker
Youtube: Elayne Fluker
Facebook: Patricia Moreno
Youtube: Patricia Moreno
Support is Sexy
Website: Support is Sexy Podcast
Facebook: Support is Sexy
Youtube: Support is Sexy Podcast Playlist
Post-production for this episode was provided by Podcast Laundry.
[Music: “Stomp and Clap” by Scott Holmes from Free Music Archive]