The conversation gets real on this episode of Support is Sexy as Shani Godwin, CEO of Communiqué USA shares her successes and struggles from selling pompoms as a seven-year-old to how she felt when her business passed the million-dollar mark. You can prioritize your joy and well-being as a part of your business and open yourself up to pivot into new possibilities for growth even during the current moment. Found out how in this episode of Support is Sexy.
Elayne Fluker is the author of the new book, “Get Over ‘I Got It’: How to Stop Playing Superwoman, Get Support and Remember that Having It All Doesn’t Mean Doing It All Alone.” As host of the SUPPORT IS SEXY podcast, she interviews more than 500 successful women entrepreneurs around the world, who share inspiring, true stories of the ups and the downs of their entrepreneurial journeys. Elayne is also the founder of SiS.Academy, an online learning platform for women entrepreneurs. For more information about Elayne Fluker, please visit elaynefluker.com. Thank you for listening!
About our Guest:
Shani Godwin is President and CEO of Communiqué USA, Inc., a marketing solutions company she launched in 2002 that works with Fortune 500 companies as well as small businesses. Shani wrote her book The Love Project: 365 Ways to Love Yourself and Get the Love You Deserve and is the Founder of Audible Voices. Shani’s a long-time listener of Support is Sexy and hosts her own podcast, Joy Economics.
Insight from this episode:
- The basics of Joy Economics and how you can apply it for happier employees, clients, and bottom line!
- What to do when the world doesn’t meet you with the enthusiasm and support you thought it would.
- Tips on realigning your business to your values and motivations for greater well-being and pivoting during times of crisis.
- The key to longevity, especially when working with clients, including how to determine if a client relationship is a good fit and how to walk away when it isn’t.
Quotes from the show:
- “When we make the change, sometimes it shifts the ground around us.” –Elayne Fluker Support is Sexy Ep. #754
- “People are always projecting onto us because they are filtering your dream and your vision through their own experience and their own lens.” –Shani Godwin Support is Sexy Ep. #754
- “The vision was good. I just needed to act in faith, trust, and walk toward it. I didn’t need to convince people. I didn’t need to get them to accept it. I didn’t need them to understand it. Now I’m much more of an I-can-show-you-better-than-I-can-tell-you person.” –Shani Godwin Support is Sexy Ep. #754
- “It’s okay to fire a client if they’re not the right fit. And it doesn’t have to be hard, and it doesn’t have to be unhappy, doesn’t have to be ugly. But it is okay to acknowledge when a fit is there or when it isn’t there. I tell people to recognize that not all money is good money, and all relationships aren’t good relationships.” –Shani Godwin Support is Sexy Ep. #754
- “Happiness for me was the better way to measure my success.” –Shani Godwin Support is Sexy Ep. #754
- “So many of us are showing up tone-deaf because we’re still trying to sell the same thing the same way but just do it on Zoom… If you’re not pivoting, your business is actually already dying.” –Shani Godwin Support is Sexy Ep. #754
Facebook: Elayne Fluker
LinkedIn: Elayne Fluker
Youtube: Elayne Fluker
Linkedin: Shani Godwin
Support is Sexy
Website: Support is Sexy Podcast
Facebook: Support is Sexy
Youtube: Support is Sexy Podcast Playlist
Post-production for this episode was provided by Podcast Laundry.
[Music: “Stomp and Clap” by Scott Holmes from Free Music Archive]