In this episode of Support is Sexy, super stylish TV Style and Entertainment Correspondent Sydney Sadick joins Elayne to talk about how to style your own life, aim high, and be confident in any situation! Sydney reveals her experience of trusting her gut and making huge career moves in the fashion industry, including how an encounter with Rihanna helped to kick start her journalism career, in this episode of Support is Sexy.
Elayne Fluker is the author of the new book, “Get Over ‘I Got It’: How to Stop Playing Superwoman, Get Support and Remember that Having It All Doesn’t Mean Doing It All Alone.” As the host of the SUPPORT IS SEXY podcast, she interviews more than 500 successful women entrepreneurs around the world, who share inspiring, true stories of the ups and the downs of their entrepreneurial journeys. Elayne is also the founder of SiS.Academy, an online learning platform for women entrepreneurs. For more information about Elayne Fluker, please visit elaynefluker.com. Thank you for listening!
About our Guest:
Sydney Sadick is a TV correspondent, writer, style savant, and fashion expert from New York City. She has interviewed world-class designers, stylists, celebrities, and politicians. Sydney has covered top events including the Met Ball, New York Fashion Week, and the CFDA awards. Her newly released book Aim High: How to Style Your Life and Achieve Your Goals is out now!
Insight from this episode:
- Details on how the way you dress can impact your mood and the way you think, and even help you become the woman you want to be.
- Tips on how to gain the confidence to have no shame in asking for opportunities and support.
- Benefits of staying curious and open and not staying comfortable in your career.
- Strategies to motivate yourself, feel better, and reset your personal style.
Quotes from the show:
- “Know what’s going on because if you are informed and you stay educated, it can really present yourself an opportunity.” –Sydney Sadick Support is Sexy Ep. #753
- “I’ve never been offered anything really in my career. It’s always been me in pursuit of what I want.” –Sydney Sadick Support is Sexy Ep. #753
- “Dress for what you want.” –Sydney Sadick Support is Sexy Ep. #753
- “Knowing what you don’t like is just as critical as what you do like.” –Sydney Sadick Support is Sexy Ep. #753
- “There’s always this preconceived notion that women are supposed to follow what other people are doing. And that’s not, to me, how it works. You’re strong because you’re doing your own thing.” –Sydney Sadick Support is Sexy Ep. #753
- “In the moment, your gut might be all you have– your gut and your experience.” –Elayne Fluker Support is Sexy Ep. #753
- “Life is not a straight line. It’s a bumpy one… Your style is going to change based on what you are looking to achieve at that moment in time.” –Sydney Sadick Support is Sexy Ep. #753
Facebook: Elayne Fluker
LinkedIn: Elayne Fluker
Youtube: Elayne Fluker
Facebook: Sydney Sadick
LinkedIn: Sydney Sadick
Youtube: Sydney Sadick
Support is Sexy
Website: Support is Sexy Podcast
Facebook: Support is Sexy
Youtube: Support is Sexy Podcast Playlist
Post-production for this episode was provided by Podcast Laundry.
[Music: “Stomp and Clap” by Scott Holmes from Free Music Archive]