Since she was 14 years old, growing up in Littleton, Colorado, Ann Shoket always knew that she would be a woman of the world, one with great power. Though she’s not sure exactly where that confidence came from at such a young age, the author and celebrated former magazine editor says she was always confident in the power of women. Years later, Ann would install that same girl power into teen girls around the world as editor-in-chief of Seventeen magazine for nearly a decade. And now, as author of the new book, The Big Life, she is supporting millennial women in tapping into their own power as they navigate careers, relationships and life in this ever-changing world.
On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Ann talks about the importance of the side hustle as a secret to success, how to embrace your messiness, what we can all learn from millennials and what it means to truly be a badass babe and live a big life.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- Why the side hustle is one of the secrets to success and satisfaction.
- The reality of keeping the fire burning as an entrepreneur.
- What we can all learn from Cyndi Lauper.
- Why you should never cut your boss out of the picture as you rise in your career.
- The lessons she learned on her way to the “big job.”
- Why she doesn’t have a five- or ten-year plan.
- The benefits of the twists and turns in your journey.
- Why you must learn to embrace your mess.
- Why, early in your career, you have to say yes to everything.
- The importance of having a life partner who is as excited about your career as you are.
- How living the big life is different than “having it all.”
- Why young women are leading the change in corporate culture and sisterhood.
- How her advice went from how-to to me-too.
- How to navigate the itch.
- How to navigate sisterhood and show support.
- The truth about the “instagrammy” life.
VISIT ANN SHOKET AT anneshoket.com.
FOLLOW ANN SHOKET AT…
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Thank you for listening! And hey, if you love it, please click here to leave us a Rating & Review!
JOIN SUPPORT IS SEXY!
[Music: “Easy” by SPCZ]