When Nicole Aguirre graduated from college in 2008, she was a young woman with a plan and a high-level position lined up with the Department of Defense in Washington, D.C. But the economy had other plans, and after a hiring freeze, Nicole — always a creative — had to get creative. The longtime photographer got busy creating her own project, a DC-based fashion magazine called Worn, and was on her way doing something that she loved. Until reality — and lack of revenue — changed her trajectory once again. Nicole had an epiphany, and decided it was time to pivot and reinvent her brand.
Now, as CEO of Worn Creative, a digital agency that empowers women to lead and has worked on projects for Michelle Obama and Marriott hotels, Nicole has found the perfect fit. Worn works with brands that support women or are lead by women, and the agency hosts events that encourage women to say F* It and go for their dreams. Here, Nicole talks about the blessing of a dream detoured, the power of the pivot and why girl power means saying “F* it” a lot more often.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- 3 top tips for reinventing your brand to generate revenue
- Have moments to be still and get clear on what you want.
- The power of visualization.
- Knowing when it’s time to pivot.
- How to let go of what’s not working and focus on what is.
- Why setting goals is not necessarily the answer
- Why every entrepreneurs needs someone they can be real with.
Thank you for listening! And hey, if you love it, click here to leave us a Rating & Review on iTunes!
VISIT WORN at worn.nyc
Find out more about Worn’s F* It Events
[Music: “Someone Else’s Memories” by Revolution Void]