How Shifting Her Mindset Helped Entrepreneur Jenn Scalia Go from $0 to $500,000 in Two Years
Jenn Scalia grew up in south New Jersey as an introverted overachiever, which made making connections difficult when she attended college at Temple University. Social media changed that, and Jenn personally took to the platforms of the time (think MySpace). She was able to later leverage that interest in social media into the jobs she held after graduation. When an unexpected layoff from a job she loved changed everything, Jenn decided it was time to start her own business in 2013. And the timing could not have been worse.
On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Jenn — who is a marketing expert and visibility strategist — talks about starting your business in the midst of the tough times, how being stuck in your “story” caps your income possibility, the value of what she calls “mindset-infused marketing” and how, after struggling and making no money her first year in business, she went from zero to $500,000 in revenue two years.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- Why now is the time to get started on your business — even in the tough times.
- How to manage and overcome your doubts.
- Why you must adjust your “money story” to move ahead.
- Why Jenn says success in business 90% is mindset and 10% is marketing.
- Jenn’s top 5 smart marketing tips to grow your business in the early stages.
- Why you should give your best stuff away for free.
- Why the majority of the people in your audience will NOT buy from you.
- Know the difference between not liking something and resistance.
- Don’t be so quick to scrap your product.
- If you want something different you have to do something different.
- How to stop being committed to your bullshit.
- How she built her business from zero to $500,000in revenue in two years.
VISIT JENN SCALIA AT jennscalia.com.
JOIN JENN’S FACEBOOK GROUP AT jennscalia.com/tribe
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
DON’T MISS AN EPISODE OF SUPPORT IS SEXY!
Click to learn more about GIRL ON PODCAST — a booking service that connects brilliant women who podcast with inspiring women who guest.
[Music: “Time Flux” by Revolution Void]
*Affiliate links: I get a fee from our partners at no cost to you, if you purchase or use these recommended products or services. But remember: I ONLY recommend products and services I use and love!