In this episode of Support is Sexy, hear about Stephanie Morimoto’s journey to becoming the CEO of Asutra and entering into a business partnership with tennis superstar Venus William. Whether you’re starting, growing, selling, or buying a business, there are amazing lessons for any entrepreneur, like how to raise your own self-awareness and build your brand’s story, in this episode of Support is Sexy.
Elayne Fluker is the author of the new book, “Get Over ‘I Got It’: How to Stop Playing Superwoman, Get Support and Remember that Having It All Doesn’t Mean Doing It All Alone.” As host of the SUPPORT IS SEXY podcast, she interviews more than 500 successful women entrepreneurs around the world, who share inspiring, true stories of the ups and the downs of their entrepreneurial journeys. Elayne is also the founder of SiS.Academy, an online learning platform for women entrepreneurs. For more information about Elayne Fluker, please visit elaynefluker.com. Thank you for listening!
About our Guest:
Stephanie Morimoto is the Owner and CEO of Asutra, a brand of clean, accessibly-priced wellness products for active self-care. Before Asutra, Stephanie worked for two national education organizations, generating $500 million in revenue and growing them 3-4 times their size. She’s passionate about working with smaller businesses and women entrepreneurs. Asutra has been featured on Good Morning America, People Magazine, and Oprah Magazine.
Insight from this episode:
- How Stephanie went from loving a brand to owning that brand, and knowing if this the route for you.
- Tips for networking in order to achieve your business goals.
- What you must look for when you’re in the market to buy a business.
- An inside look at what it’s like working in business with elite athlete Venus Williams.
Quotes from the show:
- “Frankly, a lot of the structures and systems that exist keep black and brown people out of the economy. A lot of folks don’t have access to banking or other financial services they need to build the enterprise they want or even just build the life they want… we existed to be an alternative to folks.” –Stephanie Morimoto Support is Sexy Ep. #751
- “I just knew myself… I knew that I was the type of person who loved taking something that had proof of concept and growing it to scale, but I’m not a start-up person.” –Stephanie Morimoto Support is Sexy Ep. #751
- “Know your strengths and make them even stronger.” –Stephanie Morimoto Support is Sexy Ep. #751
- “Especially today, people really want to connect with something they feel has purpose, that they feel proud to support” –Stephanie Morimoto Support is Sexy Ep. #751
- “We as women are constantly taking care of other people– often at our own detriment, we put ourselves last. But actually, if we’re going to be our best, we have to put ourselves first.” –Stephanie Morimoto Support is Sexy Ep. #751
Facebook: Elayne Fluker
LinkedIn: Elayne Fluker
Youtube: Elayne Fluker
LinkedIn: Stephanie Morimoto
Website: Asutra | Empowering Active Self Care
Support is Sexy
Website: Support is Sexy Podcast
Facebook: Support is Sexy
Youtube: Support is Sexy Podcast Playlist
Post-production for this episode was provided by Podcast Laundry.
[Music: “Stomp and Clap” by Scott Holmes from Free Music Archive]