“I can twerk and not be judged because that’s part of my workout and it’s making me sweat!”
There lies the genius in Akinah Rahmaan’s hit fitness lifestyle brand, Banana Skirt Productions. In her workout classes — which have grown from two classes per week to 20 classes per week since 2014 — students get to grind it out (in a good way!) by learning the dance routines from performances and videos of their favorite pop stars. Beyond fitness, it’s all about fun, and for Akinah, it’s about inspiring people to feel good and “let go.”
On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast podcast, Akinah talks about the importance of experimentation to discover where your passion lies, having a vision for your business and how you want it to grow and, most important, what she loves most about being a mom.
On this episode you’ll learn…
- Looking at what you’re already good at and channeling that into your business.
- How to be clear on your brand’s DNA and its impact.
- The importance of working with strategic partners.
- How to use social media effectively to help build your business.
- Starting where you are, using what you have, doing what you can.
- The importance, as a mom, of letting your children see you create something that you’re really proud of.
Thank you for listening! And hey, if you love it, click here to leave us a Rating & Review on iTunes!
JUST FOR SUPPORT IS SEXY LISTENERS! AKINAH IS OFFERING 20% OFF YOUR FIRST BANANA SKIRT CLASS IF YOU SIGN UP NOW AND USE THE CODE SUPPORTISSEXY AT CHECKOUT! YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS THIS, SO BE SURE TO CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP AND USE CODE: SUPPORTISSEXY AT CHECKOUT.
VISIT BANANA SKIRT at bananaskirt.net
[Music: “Someone Else’s Memories” by Revolution Void]