In 2015, Fila Antwine’s job was making her sick — literally. She was stressed every Sunday night and was often brought to tears just thinking about going to work on Monday. Doctors diagnosed her with IBS, likely caused by the stress. Eventually, she had enough, so she quit, and that’s when her real work began.
Today, Fila owns a relationship and life coaching business where she empowers and instructs women on how to practice self care, heal from hurtful experiences of the past and have loving, healthy relationships. She is the author of two books — Strengthening Her Essence and the children’s book Curiously Coiled — and has appeared as an expert on television and in outlets, such as The Wall Street Journal, the NY Post and MSN.com. It is work that is deeply important to her — as she openly shares in this episode — being a woman who has personally experienced sexual abuse and abandonment as a child, and who, today, brings her lived experiences to the work with she does with other women. Listen to hear how Fila moved through the traumas of her childhood, and how you can use your experiences — and even your pain — to create a business that serves and nourishes you as much as it does your clients.
Subscribe to Support is Sexy podcast on iTunes or on Stitcher Radio!
On this episode you’ll learn:
- The importance of having spiritual stamina
- Why you must develop a healing practice of your own.
- Knowing when to stop, shut everything down and take care of yourself.
- That you don’t move past your experiences, you move through them.
- How to ensure you’re taking a holistic approach to your business to make it successful.
- How to determine if you need to adjust your messaging or your program to reach your clients.
- The importance of transparency in your relationships
- Why you are the sun, and if you’re not ok, your universe suffers
Thank you for listening! And hey, if you love it, click here to leave us a Rating & Review on iTunes!
VISIT FILA at filaantwine.com
FOLLOW FILA at…
BUY FILA’S BOOKS…
Strengthening Her Essence: A Woman’s Guide to Liberation Through Truth
FOLLOW SUPPORT IS SEXY
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | MASTERMIND
[Music: “Someone Else’s Memories” by Revolution Void]