In this episode of Support is Sexy, Ama Gordon, Co-Founder of Global Fertility Connections, shares about all things fertility, the support that’s out there for you, and how you can advocate for yourself. If you’ve ever wished you had someone to ask your questions about freezing your eggs or surrogacy, then you won’t want to miss this conversation on this episode of Support is Sexy.
Elayne Fluker is the author of the new book, “Get Over ‘I Got It’: How to Stop Playing Superwoman, Get Support and Remember that Having It All Doesn’t Mean Doing It All Alone.” As the host of the SUPPORT IS SEXY podcast, she interviews more than 500 successful women entrepreneurs around the world, who share inspiring, true stories of the ups and the downs of their entrepreneurial journeys. Elayne is also the founder of SiS.Academy, an online learning platform for women entrepreneurs. For more information about Elayne Fluker, please visit elaynefluker.com. Thank you for listening!
About our Guest:
Ama Gordon is the Co-Founder of Global Fertility Connections, a fertility concierge service that helps Intended Parents navigate their fertility journey on the path to parenthood with egg freezing, in vitro fertilization, and third-party reproductive services including surrogacy and egg donation. Their mission is to empower Intended Parents as they build their families with trust, transparency, and personalize patient care.
Insight from this episode:
- Details on what working with Global Fertility Connections looks like and current trends in fertility.
- Elayne’s and Ama’s stories with fertility and getting support in this area.
- What you need to ask yourself if you’re thinking of freezing your eggs and tips for going about it the right way.
- Ways to make sure you’re getting the care that you deserve.
Quotes from the show:
- On why she started her business: “There were some gaps in the information [from doctors], or it wasn’t holistic enough, or it wasn’t nuanced or personalized for them enough, or the doctor just might have not had enough time to give them the in depth answer they were really looking for, so then they go down the Google hole.” –Ama Gordon Support is Sexy Ep. #781
- “Egg freezing shows that you’re proactive. It shows that you’re doing what it takes to empower yourself and to take control, and there’s not necessarily a negative connotation to it.” –Ama Gordon Support is Sexy Ep. #781
- “You don’t really know what you need until you need it, and you don’t know what you don’t know until you get there.” –Ama Gordon Support is Sexy Ep. #781
- “Fibroids are very common for women of color, and I wish it was talked about more often. But oftentimes, somewhere in the family– whether it’s a mother, grandmother, aunt, sister– someone may be struggling or has struggled with something, and we’re not talking about it amongst friends and family.” –Ama Gordon Support is Sexy Ep. #781
- “We’re [Black people] are often ignored. Or just kind of treated blanketly, like okay, try this or try that. I think it’s time that we get the care and attention that we need, which is what we’re trying to do one client at a time.” –Ama Gordon Support is Sexy Ep. #781
Facebook: Elayne Fluker
LinkedIn: Elayne Fluker
Youtube: Elayne Fluker
Facebook: Global Fertility Connections
LinkedIn: Global Fertility Connections
Support is Sexy
Website: Support is Sexy Podcast
Facebook: Support is Sexy
Youtube: Support is Sexy Podcast Playlist
Post-production for this episode was provided by Podcast Laundry.
[Music: “Stomp and Clap” by Scott Holmes from Free Music Archive]