In this episode of Support is Sexy, Founder and Chief Kindness Advisor of Cool Audrey, Cole Baker, shares why she believes kindness can change the way we do business and how we can make more soul moves instead of power moves. Cole moved out of the corporate world in order to make the corporate world a more kind place, and she shares exactly how she did it in this episode of Support is Sexy.
Elayne Fluker is the author of the new book, “Get Over ‘I Got It’: How to Stop Playing Superwoman, Get Support and Remember that Having It All Doesn’t Mean Doing It All Alone.” As host of the SUPPORT IS SEXY podcast, she interviews more than 500 successful women entrepreneurs around the world, who share inspiring, true stories of the ups and the downs of their entrepreneurial journeys. Elayne is also the founder of SiS.Academy, an online learning platform for women entrepreneurs. For more information about Elayne Fluker, please visit elaynefluker.com. Thank you for listening!
About our Guest:
Cole Baker-Bagwell is the Founder and Chief Kindness Advisor of Cool Audrey. She spent over two decades in sales and strategy roles with companies both good and toxic where she learned that business is about people and kindness makes business better. Now she shares a big human approach for business through Cool Audrey and two feel-good podcasts: Kindness Think Tank and Little Shots of Kindness.
Insight from this episode:
- How to remember to pay attention to your “sizzle” and trust your instincts.
- What kindness means to Cole and strategies for practicing kindness to self.
- Tips for making more choices that “do no harm” and create more connections and possibilities.
- Practical steps to take when looking to leave the comfort of “golden handcuffs.”
Quotes from the show:
- “The first time we’re told [as children], well that’s silly or you can’t be that we begin to develop this little shell, and when we do that we not only close ourselves from the possibilities around us but we actually become quite disconnected from the instincts that we have. We stop trusting that inner voice, that instinct, that actually knows best all the time.” –Cole Baker Support is Sexy Ep. #782
- “We are mirrors. However, we are treating, referring to self, we’re going to reflect that out into the world. Being kind means accepting and loving the way we are right now, free of judgment.” –Cole Baker Support is Sexy Ep. #782
- “There are these beautiful plaques that hang on the wall: We are transparent. We are kind. We are inclusive… my favorite question is, well, show me your evidence, how are you living into those things?” –Cole Baker Support is Sexy Ep. #782
- “Everybody’s done research around kindness. They’re saying, this is the bridge to human connection, and by the way, companies are communities of human beings. And the people they work with are also human beings. If we don’t get that human part right, we’re kind of toasted aren’t we?” –Cole Baker Support is Sexy Ep. #782
- “Am I more afraid to leave and try? Or am I more afraid to stay?” –Cole Baker Support is Sexy Ep. #782
- “I had very dear friends and family members say, ‘You are insane. Are you going through like a midlife crisis?” No, no I’m actually living into myself.” –Cole Baker Support is Sexy Ep. #782
Facebook: Elayne Fluker
LinkedIn: Elayne Fluker
Youtube: Elayne Fluker
LinkedIn: Cole Baker-Bagwell
Support is Sexy
Website: Support is Sexy Podcast
Facebook: Support is Sexy
Youtube: Support is Sexy Podcast Playlist
Post-production for this episode was provided by Podcast Laundry.
[Music: “Stomp and Clap” by Scott Holmes from Free Music Archive]