In this episode of Support is Sexy, the Creator of The Great Girlfriends Podcast and expert brand builder Sybil Amuti gives noteworthy strategies for building your brand and creating brand longevity. Become “pandemic proof” with content, culture, and community. Find out how to get to work in this episode of Support is Sexy. Elayne Fluker Elayne Fluker is the author of the new book, “Get Over ‘I Got It’: How to Stop Playing Superwoman, Get Support and Remember that Having It All Doesn’t Mean Doing It All Alone.” As host of the SUPPORT IS SEXY podcast, she interviews more than 500 successful women entrepreneurs around the world, who share inspiring, true stories of the ups and the downs of their entrepreneurial journeys. Elayne is also the founder of SiS.Academy, an online learning platform for women entrepreneurs. For more information about Elayne Fluker, please visit elaynefluker.com. Thank you for listening! About our Guest:
Sybil Amuti is the Founder and Creator of The Great Girlfriends Podcast and Community, a personal & professional development community created to connect women with daily tips and solutions to live a passionate life and build a thriving business. Insight from this episode:
- The benefits of sharing your vision in a way that allows others to opt into your energy.
- Strategies for building a community around your brand and details on your responsibilities as a brand builder.
- Questions to ask yourself as you communicate your message to the market.
- Tips for monetizing or leveraging your own podcast.
Quotes from the show:
- “In my mind, ‘Let’s make a podcast’ meant ‘Let’s build a brand’… I did always have in my mind what the story could be. Whenever I have an idea… I sit down and I jot it out and I imagine what the tentacles can be and how far it can go.” –Sybil Amuti Support is Sexy Ep. #783
- “Do this right now, start this right now, before the people get here… Build it so that when they show up, they can see how you operate on social media, they can see all the other things that you have.” –Elayne Fluker Support is Sexy Ep. #783
- “When you’re building a brand, you have to know that your vision is good enough. You have to be fully satisfied with the idea that you may be the only customer for a long time. You have to have that internal esteem.” –Sybil Amuti Support is Sexy Ep. #783
- “That’s the gift of having a vision and stepping into it. We don’t get to decide how far and wide it goes, and thank God we don’t because we would restrict it.” –Sybil Amuti Support is Sexy Ep. #783
- “Yes, you are a brand. And yes, you have a brand. It’s your unique way of being. It’s your unique way of doing. It’s your unique way of feeling. It’s the way that you make other people’s senses come alive.” –Sybil Amuti Support is Sexy Ep. #783
- “You’d be remiss if you did not understand: Customer is community.” –Sybil Amuti Support is Sexy Ep. #783
- “I look at the podcast as more of a platform. I see all of the facets of real estate. These are all the things that are properties that another brand would see the value of if they were given the opportunity.” –Sybil Amuti Support is Sexy Ep. #783
Facebook: Elayne Fluker
LinkedIn: Elayne Fluker
Youtube: Elayne Fluker
Facebook: Sybil Amuti
LinkedIn: Sybil Clark-Amuti
Support is Sexy
Website: Support is Sexy Podcast
Facebook: Support is Sexy
Youtube: Support is Sexy Podcast Playlist
Post-production for this episode was provided by Podcast Laundry.
[Music: “Stomp and Clap” by Scott Holmes from Free Music Archive]