If you were to ask a five-year-old Amber Aziza what she wanted to be when she grew up, she would have told you two words: In charge. For Amber, this didn’t just mean having money; it was about having control of her own destiny.
As a child of foster care, who survived a tumultuous environment before being adopted, Amber’s forever family cultivated this part of her – with a long list of after-school activities that she wanted to experience (and even some that she didn’t). And this curious and adventurous spirit is still a part of who she is today as CEO of Asquared, her coaching company where she is devoted to helping millennial and millennial-minded entrepreneurs succeed in business and life.
But it was Amber’s first company — which she built into a multi million enterprise at the expense of her health and sold before she was age 30 — that taught her some of her most valuable lessons personally and professionally.
On this episode, Amber talks about openly about lessons she learned about betting on yourself, building a multi million dollar business that’s bigger than you, knowing when it’s time to move on and taking necessary time to heal when life interrupts business.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- How to figure a way to make it work before saying no to opportunity.
- The benefit of taking the opportunity before you’re ready.
- Sometimes you find your genius within the gap between what you know and what you don’t know.
- How to evaluate the risk vss the reward.
- Why you shouldn’t just quit your job.
- How to map out your plan based on what you want to do rather than what another business does.
- How to cultivate your network and reach out with an offer.
- Be ok with starting small.
- Always present what value you’re offering to your clients
- The importance of realizing your zone of genius and delegating the rest.
- The dangers of building a company that centers all around you.
- What the process of selling your company is like.
- How to know when to let it go.
- Top 3 tips for millennial entrepreneurs.
- Why you gotta model what works.
- The importance of taking time to pause.
- Why it’s not healthy to pretend that you’re “fine.”
VISIT ASQUARED at AsquaredCoach.com
FOLLOW ASQUARED at…
Visit AMBER AZIZA AT Amberaziza.com
RESOURCES MENTIONED ON THIS EPISODE:
DON’T MISS AN EPISODE OF SUPPORT IS SEXY!
Click here to subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts.
Click here to subscribe to Support is Sexy on Stitcher.
Click here to subscribe to Support is Sexy on Soundcloud.
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SUPPORT IS SEXY MASTERMIND!
[Music: “Someone Else’s Memories” by Revolution Void ]