The moment Christy Haussler realized it was time to make the leap and become an entrepreneur, she was in her car, driving to work, listening to podcasts to pass the time. Christy spent hours commuting back and forth to an office for a job that didn’t fulfill her, and decided it was finally time for her to make a move and give her own business a try. The first thing she did? Take the first step, and then another and then another.
Today, Christy’s company — Team Podcast — provides production and strategy for more than 40 shows and produces about 200+ episodes a month. Her business is steadily growing, she lives in a city she’s happy to call home and she spends her time doing work she loves.
On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Christy talks about the importance of taking that first step toward your dream, having the right mindset, building and engaging your audience in multiple ways and making the most of your podcast — beyond money.
On this episode you’ll learn…
- How to recognize that you’re on the right track
- Knowing that you are one decision away from a completely different life
- Why you have to be brave enough to walk away
- Your network is your key to success
- How podcasts offer new opportunities no matter your industry
- What you need to know about podcasting
- The importance of marketing to increase your list and your engagement
- Don’t get caught up in downloads
- 3 common podcasting mistakes many women make
- Why podcasting isn’t just for monetizing
- How to engage your audience and make them feel invested in your product
Thank you for listening! And hey, if you love it, click here to leave us a Rating & Review on iTunes!
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
John Lee Dumas of Entrepreneur on Fire
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Libsyn’s The Feed Podcast
The Blog Millionaire Podcast
The Brick and Mortar Reporter Podcast
Women Who Run with the Wolves by Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes
[Music: “Someone Else’s Memories” by Revolution Void]