Maya S. Penn is remarkable — and that is an understatement. I have been a virtual fan and supporter of the now-sixteen-year-old for several years via social media, with a true appreciation of her hard work and her clear vision at such a young age. To have the opportunity to speak with her more in depth now? I am completely blown away, and I believe you will be, too!
The Atlanta-based teenpreneur started her own business, Maya’s Ideas, when she was just eight years old. By the time she was 13, the business was generating six figures. And today, she is a designer, social entrepreneur, activist, author and environmentalist. Among her many accomplishments, Maya has given three TED Talks (so far) and is author of three books, including her latest, You Got This: Unleash Your Awesomeness, Find Your Path and Change Your World (Simon & Schuster).
Here, Maya shares her vision for the future of her business, how she’s working to impact the lives of girls around the world, and her advice for becoming, being and growing as an entrepreneur — no matter your age.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- What parents can say and do to encourage children who have interests in entrepreneurship (straight from the mouth of a teenager who began her business at age eight!).
- The first step to launching your business (at any age).
- Her advice for kidpreneurs.
- Ways that we can all give back through out businesses.
- What she’s doing to empower young girls around the world.
- The value of idea journals.
- Why it’s imperative to have mentors and an advisory board as you scale your business.
- No matter how old you are, it’s important for you to take a break.
- Why meditation and breathing space are vital to decision-making.
- What can be learned from failure.
- The importance of doing it afraid.
- What Maya believes every entrepreneur has a responsibility to do.
MAYA IS OFFERING A SPECIAL GIFT TO SUPPORT IS SEXY LISTENERS FOR 20% OFF OF ALL ORDERS $50 OR MORE ON MAYASIDESA.COM! USE THE DISCOUNT CODE: SUPPORTISSEXY
VISIT MAYA PENN AT mayasideas.com.
CONNECT WITH MAYA PENN AT…
[Music: “Someone Else’s Memories” by Revolution Void]