When Claire Wasserman hosted her first work & money event in New York nearly four years ago to support a friend who was struggling with salary negotiations, she quickly saw the need (and the possibility) of a business that addressed the wage gap based on the enthusiasm and intrigue of other women in the room. (Not to mention, coverage of that first event by New York magazine!) Today, Ladies Get Paid hosts events around the United States and includes thousands of members around the world.
On this episode, Claire — a native New Yorker who is the founder of Ladies Get Paid — shares sacrifices you have to weigh when launching your own business, how to learn from failures and move forward, how to create an engaging event and build a passionate community, and why we need to normalize the conversation around money.
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to sense when you’re on to something in business.
- The role self-awareness plays in knowing when it’s time to take the leap.
- What Claire learned from her previous startup failures.
- How therapy helped her in business.
- How to host an engaging event and build a passionate community.
- What most people (and companies) don’t realize about the effects of unequal pay for women.
- 3 tips for getting paid what you’re worth.
- Top tips on how to negotiate like a boss.
VISIT LADIES GET PAID AT
FOLLOW LADIES GET PAID AT…
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
DON’T MISS AN EPISODE OF SUPPORT IS SEXY!
Click here to join the Support is Sexy mastermind and connect with women entrepreneurs around the world!